10 Ways To Make Your Wedding Ceremony Stand Out
The ceremony is arguably the most impactful and emotional part of your wedding day. It’s not only a celebration of love while surrounded by all your family and friends, but a representation of two lives coming together and the beginning of a happy future. With the traditional wedding ceremony formula in mind, it can be hard to find ways to make yours stand out when planning. Luckily, we have 10 unique wedding ceremony ideas you can use to make your wedding ceremony yours, whether steeped in tradition or completely out-of-the-box!
- Flower Girl and Ring Bearer with a Twist. Have some fun with these traditional roles. Ask your best man or maid of honor, groomsmen or bridesmaids, or older relatives like a grandmother or grandfather to do it instead of the usual little ones. You can even have a furry (well-trained) friend trot down the aisle to deliver the rings.
- Create a Vow Time Capsule. After reading your vows, place them in a box for you and your spouse to open on your 10th anniversary. It’s a great way to celebrate your future together and profess your commitment to one another in front of your friends and family.
- Be Creative with Seating. Disrupt traditional ceremony seat arrangements. Have your guests seated in a row of circles and get married in the center. This provides everyone with a good view and a more intimate space. You can also create a square seating space by adding seating on the three sides of where you stand.
- Fire Over Earth Natural Elements. Instead of your bridesmaids walking down the aisle with flowers in hand, have them hold candles or lanterns to light the way. This is an especially beautiful swap if you are having your ceremony at dusk or at night.
- Honor Your Loved Ones. Pay respects to loved ones who couldn’t make it to the wedding or those who have passed away. You can do this by wearing a symbolic token or piece of jewelry down the aisle, having a moment of silence, or lighting a candle for them that burns throughout the ceremony.
- Pick a Special Officiant. If you don’t plan on having a religious or court officiant marry you, ask a close friend or family member to do the honors. Maybe the person who introduced you two or someone central to your story together? Just make sure they get legally ordained first!
- Let the Aisle Tell Your Story. Use an aisle runner to depict the timeline of your love story. Have it start from when you first met, leading all the way up to where you two will stand and get married! Tell your story through dates and pictures. This beautiful addition is sure to make you tear up when it comes time to walk down the aisle.
- Symbolize Your Union. Incorporate a symbol of your union into your ceremony: Mix two bags of colored sand in a glass jar, use two flames to light one candle, or pot a plant together to represent the joining of your two lives.
- Make a Fun Exit. Once you exchange “I do’s,” pick a fun song to dance to as you and your spouse walk back down the aisle together. Provide your guests with confetti poppers, bubbles or ribbons to add some excitement to your exit.
- Take Some Time to Reflect. Right after the ceremony, spend some time alone with your new spouse to appreciate the moment together. The rest of the day will be filled with pictures, mingling, dancing, and toasts, with not a free moment to spare. So, take your time to soak it all in before the festivities begin.
Use these unique wedding ceremony ideas to help plan your wedding ceremony and make it special to you! Now all you need is a gorgeous venue to make it even more special. Contact the wedding professionals at Crest Hollow Country Club who can help you find the perfect venue for your wedding today.