5 Helpful Tips for Choosing Bridesmaids’ Dresses
After many shopping trips and much searching, you have finally picked out a wedding dress! Up next, perhaps an even more daunting task: Picking out bridesmaids’ dresses for your wedding party. The process of choosing a bridesmaid’s dress or style that makes everyone happy may seem impossible, but luckily we have five tips to help make the process a little smoother—and a lot more fun.
- Consider the Price. Remember that your bridesmaids may not be able to afford a very expensive dress, so keep that in mind when shopping. Have a discussion with them first to establish an agreed upon price range. If you fall in love with a specific dress or style outside of their budget, work together to find less-expensive options that will look just as good and match the vision you have in mind.
- Mix and Match Bridesmaids’ Dresses. You don’t have to choose the same dress for all of your bridesmaids. If you have a diverse group of women with different styles, body types and opinions, a mix-and-match theme is perfect! Pick a style and color scheme and create a style guide for them to refer to when they choose their own dresses.
- Talk to Your Bridesmaids. At the end of the day, it is your wedding and you have the final say, but remember to be open to your bridesmaids’ opinions. You want them to feel comfortable with the dress and feel good about wearing it all night. To help narrow down your decision, you can make a short list of your favorites and ask your bridesmaids to rank them.
- Consider Your Venue. Bridesmaids’ dresses are not just dresses, they also represent your wedding’s theme and overall aesthetic. A ceremony in an English garden has a slightly different vibe than a beach wedding, so keep your venue in mind when picking your dresses.
- Be Practical. It’s easy to be immediately drawn to dresses you like that match your wedding’s overall theme, but don’t forget to consider other important factors. A more practical approach is to select dresses a bridesmaid can—and will want to—wear again. With so many types to choose from, including cocktail-length, mermaid and convertible options, you should pick a versatile dress that your bridesmaids can get years of use out of.
Remember these five simple tips and finding the right bridesmaid dresses will come easy! Finding the right venue will also come easy when you contact the wedding professionals at Crest Hollow Country Club today.