5 Helpful Tips for Your Outdoor Wedding
Outdoor weddings create a unique and memorable experience for everyone involved. The beautiful scenery and fresh air make the perfect backdrop for such joyful occasion. To ensure your outdoor wedding is all you imagined it to be, we’ve listed five tips to help you avoid any obstacles that might come along the way.
- Provide Weather Wear. Make sure your guests are comfortable as they watch you walk down the aisle. You don’t want the weather to distract them from your special moment! Customized gloves, scarves and warm blankets make the perfect favors on a colder wedding day (even if you’re exchanging your vows next to a roaring poolside fire pit). If you are getting married under the hot sun, have some paper fans, sunglasses and floppy hats available for your guests to wear.
- Have an Indoor Option Ready. You can’t always depend on the weather report, so it’s important that you have a backup plan in case of inclement weather. Make sure your venue has stunning indoor options for a last-minute switch that doesn’t sacrifice the beauty and style of your originally planned outdoor wedding.
- Pre-Ceremony Refreshments. Set out some refreshments for your guests to enjoy while they wait for the ceremony to start. Cold drinks like iced punch, lemonade and water will keep your guests cool and happy on a warmer day. If the forecast suggests you should bring a sweater (or more), warm apple cider, hot cocoa, tea or coffee will certainly do the trick!
- Wind Proof. If you are planning on leaving ceremony programs on chairs or table place cards on display, you might want to weigh them down with a favor or decorative paperweight in case of wind. Another option? Loosely tie them to the chair with a cute ribbon or string. Use heavier vases and bowls to ensure your beautiful flower arrangements and centerpieces stay put.
- Don’t Forget to Tell Your Guests. Lastly, but most importantly, make sure to let your guests know that the wedding and/or the reception will be taking place outdoors on the invitation. This will allow them to dress accordingly and prepare for any outdoor sensitivities they might have.
Keep these five tips in mind and your outdoor wedding will be smooth sailing! Now all you need is the perfect outdoor venue. Contact the wedding experts at the Crest Hollow Country Club, and they’ll help you choose the beautiful outdoor Long Island wedding venue of your dreams.