5 Social Media Weddings Ideas to Follow and Like
Just like the technology around us, planning a wedding has changed drastically over the last two decades. Back in the day, when you got engaged, you probably called some family and close friends and everyone else would find out when they received the “save the date” in the mail. You hired a professional photographer and prayed that the pictures turned out OK when you saw them a month later. Maybe a few people brought their point-and-shoot cameras and you would wait for them to eventually develop the film and share any good pictures. Luckily for you, you’re getting married now! Social media has created endless possibilities to document and share all life has to offer, that’s why it should be a big part of your special day too!
- Start Trending with Your Big Day’s Hashtag. You don’t have to be famous to be trending. By creating a personalized wedding hashtag, your friends and family will be able to follow the journey to your big day and easily view images and videos from the main event. Depending on your and your partner’s personal preferences, there are a variety of fun ways to create your hashtag. It can be as simple as your married last name, the word “wedding,” and the year, puns of your names or interests, a “celeb” couple name (think “Branjelina” and “Kimye”), or you could leave it up to the hashtag gods and use a wedding hashtag generator, like The Wedding Hashers or Wedding Hashtag Wall.
- Snap It. How many hours have you spent turning yourself into a fairy princess, baby, or dog, or framing your snaps with location – or event-based filters? Snapchat is a fun way to capture a piece of the day, and your dream day deserves to be captured. For a small fee, you can create a geo-location based wedding Snapchat filter (so only guests physically at your venue can access it) and make your wedding even more personalized. All filters must be reviewed and approved by Snapchat before they can be used, so make sure to submit yours well ahead of the event. Learn more about the process now.
- Do It Live. Chances are, not everyone is going to be able to attend your wedding in person. Whether it’s due to guest list size, cost, location, or scheduling conflicts, it’s always unfortunate when everyone can’t share in your joy. Well, thanks to social media, now they can! Stream your ceremony via Facebook Live to either your entire friend list or set up a private group and even your cousin who’s studying abroad in Australia can watch you say, “I do!”
- Designate a Social Proxy. If you’re invested in using social media to commemorate your wedding, it’s likely because you’re an avid user yourself. But don’t think you’re going to be doing it yourself—you’re going to be busy all day! Between professional pictures, your vows, your first dance, cake cutting, and more, there won’t be much time to take your own pictures. Give your phone to a trusted friend with a good eye for capturing all the big—and little—stuff and ask them to post to your accounts throughout the day so you can concentrate on more important things, like your first day as a married couple.
- Project a Social Media Wall. No matter the size of your wedding or who you invite, your guests will likely have vastly different social media styles. Between the fashionista friend who captures beautiful dresses and suits, the family member who wants a snap with every relative, and the dance floor-loving groomsman who records videos of everyone’s moves, you’ll likely get to see your wedding from every angle and perspective. Make sure everyone else does too, by using a social media aggregator tool like Wedding Hashtag Wall to collect anything posted with your wedding hashtag to project on a screen for everyone to enjoy as the night goes on.
Now that you know how social media can make your special day even more special, it’s time to find the special venue you deserve. Contact the wedding experts at Crest Hollow Country Club and start planning your #dreamwedding today!