8 Musts for Your High-Tech Wedding
When it comes to technology, you and your partner are no n00bs. You’re plugged into the newest smartphone, get all the answers you need from Alexa, track the time and your steps with a smartwatch, and stream your entertainment with the touch of a finger. So why shouldn’t your wedding day reflect your love of cutting-edge technology? There are many ways to incorporate technology into your big day while still maintaining an air of romance, class, and beauty. Let’s take a closer look at some.
- Drone Photography. You don’t necessarily have to skip the traditional wedding photographer, but a drone is the perfect complement to your wedding album dreams. Get candid shots from this eye in the sky and make large group pictures easier on everyone.
- Digital Guestbook. We’re living in the future and the future is digital. While a physical guestbook is classic, you run the risk of something happened to it or the ink fading over time. Digitize your wedding and protect your memories with apps like Videobooth and My Digital Guestbook. Many apps also offer the option to receive a physical book, so you get the best of both worlds!
- 3-D Printed Favors. Buying wedding favors is so yesterday—wow your guests with unique and creative 3-D printed favors. Print custom smartphone cases (this may require you to add a section on your RSVP requesting their phone make and model), small succulent flowerpots, bubble wands, flowers, poker chips, and more.
- Wedding Cake Light Projections. Want an intricate design on your wedding cake but can’t agree on what or don’t have the budget wiggle room? Cake projection mapping is here to save the day! Order the flavor and shape cake you want, then use a projector with an app like FaçadeSignage or Resolume Arena to stream the design of your choice. Can’t decide? Alternate projections with ease!
- A GoPro Bouquet. Want a first-person view of this age-old tradition? Put a GoPro camera in your bouquet before the big toss and follow it on its journey to the lucky unmarried lady. Extra points if there’s some competition between the potential future brides!
- Gif Photo Booths. Forget the photo booth, turn your friends and family into gifs instead. Simple to use apps like Gifyyy or Mashbooth will help capture the bursts of moments you never want to forget—one loop at a time.
- Geotargeted Snapchat Filters. Your wedding day is an event, so treat it like one! Snapchat is a fun way for you and your guests to share the good times with anyone who couldn’t make it. Creating your wedding’s custom Snapchat Geofilter allows you to specify the location of your wedding so guests can easily access the filter, but those not attending can’t. You can design your own, use an existing Snapchat template, or splurge and have one professionally designed. The best part? Pricing is as low as $5 per 20,000 square feet of coverage!
- Personalized Hashtags. If your wedding doesn’t have a hashtag, did it really happen? Make your big day the star; create a fun but easily remembered hashtag, post it by the guestbook, at every table, and at the bar, and kick back the next day and enjoy the show!
Now that you know how to incorporate your love of technology into your wedding, it’s time to book your venue. Contact the wedding experts at Crest Hollow Country Club and upgrade your big day today!