Fall Wedding Ideas
Fall is intrinsically cozy and romantic. Whether it’s the falling leaves, cooler temperatures or the endless seasonal inspiration, autumn is quickly becoming the most popular time of year to get married. We’ll explore autumn wedding themes, color schemes, decorations and everything you need to plan an outdoor soirée so you can say “I do” to a fall wedding.
Wedding Themes for Fall
Typically held from late September through November, fall wedding motifs range from country harvests to fun and festive holidays. Popular fall wedding themes include:
- Fall foliage
- Rustic farmhouse
- Autumn harvest
- Halloween inspired
Fall Wedding Decorations
A theme without décor is just a dream. So, it’s essential to curate meaningful decorations to bring it to life. We’ll organize decorations by theme, but it’s ok to mix and match to create a celebration that is all your own.
It’s no surprise that this is the most popular fall wedding theme. Natural leaves are an eco-friendly and affordable option too. Here are a few ways to incorporate them:
- Tree centerpieces or tablescapes with golden leaves
- Stamped leaves as escort cards
- Hanging leaf garland at your reception
- An Instagram-worthy ombre leaf photo backdrop
- Fondant or silk leaves on your wedding cake
This charming theme is fun and playful – perfect for the laid-back couple looking for a touch of romance. Add rustic style with ideas like:
- Fresh cut flowers in glasses and mason jars
- String lights and candles
- Burlap and lace table runners
- White draped fabrics
- Wood slices for centerpiece holders and place cards
Get ready for a cornucopia of crop-based décor. Create your harvest gathering with decorations like:
- Welcome wheelbarrows with pumpkins and gourds
- Haybales draped with plaid blankets
- Sunflower ceremony arch
- Mini pumpkins as escort cards
- Acorn napkin rings
Don’t get spooked! With the right details, this rich theme works perfectly for weddings in mid to late October.
- White pumpkins
- Velvet fabric accents
- Candles – the more, the better include tapered, pillar and votives
- Black flowers in bouquets and centerpieces
Fall Wedding Color Schemes
Autumn is filled with a rich and varied color palette. Orange, reds and yellow are no-brainers, but they aren’t the only colors of the season. Incorporating neutral earth tones, romantic pastels, and jewel tones can have stunning results.
Fall wedding color schemes include:
- Pale pink, emerald and woodland browns
- Blush and burgundy
- Burnt orange, pale yellow and beige
- Maroon, soft green and blush
- Rust, gold, and navy blue
Outdoor Fall Wedding
Summer’s too hot, winter’s too cold and spring’s too rainy – making fall the perfect season for an outdoor wedding. While autumn has its own challenges, you can plan the perfect outdoor fall wedding with a little preparation.
Here’s a checklist:
- Assess your venue. Take stock of amenities offered like chairs, tents, linens, food and drink, etc. If the venue doesn’t provide them, you’ll need additional vendors.
- Light it up. Consider adding a variety of lighting options like string lights, candles and landscape lighting – it adds a romantic glow and will keep your guests safe.
- Have an indoor (or covered) backup plan. You can’t rule out rain in the fall, so have a plan in case of inclement weather.
- Keep your guests cozy. Fall evenings can get chilly. Consider providing blankets for guests or buying shawls for the bridal party, but renting outdoor heaters is a cheaper choice.
- Check calendars for holidays and daylight saving. Grab the calendar and thoroughly inspect for holidays – religious and otherwise. Knowing when daylight saving time ends can change your schedule as you’ll lose an hour of daylight.
At Crest Hollow Country Club, our rustic North Garden brings your outdoor fall wedding dreams to life – and with our many amenities and exclusive vendors, planning is simplified. Prefer to keep the party inside? No problem! We have a variety of venues to suit your fall wedding theme, and we’ll be there to help you plan, experience, and enjoy your special day. Contact us to learn more.