Wedding Planning Checklist
From the day you get engaged to the day of your wedding, you are in planning mode. All the things you need to consider and decisions you need to make—from the venue to the favors—are enough to make your head spin. If the thought of planning a wedding is beginning to overwhelm you, don’t worry; we’ve put together a timeline guide to help you visualize what you have to do and when you should do it by. Stick to this list and you’ll be on schedule in the months leading up to your big day!
- 12–11 Months Before
- Make a plan! Hire a planner or, if you are planning your own wedding, get organized. The first thing you should do is establish your budget. This will influence the rest of the decisions you make going forward.
- Determine how many people you want to attend your wedding.
- Tour a diverse selection of venues before settling on the right one for you.
- Pick your date and book your venue!
- 10–9 Months Before
- Finalize your guest list and send out your save-the-dates.
- Determine who you want in your wedding party and ask them in a special way.
- Reserve a block of rooms at a nearby hotel for your guests.
- Book your officiant.
- 8–7 Months Before
- Book your hair and makeup appointments.
- Hire your caterers, entertainment, videographers, and photographers.
- Plan your honeymoon.
- Purchase your dress and/or suit for the big day!
- 6–5 Months Before
- Book your florist and transportation.
- Finalize your wedding ceremony details.
- Order your invitations.
- Create a gift registry.
- Pick your bridesmaids’ dresses and groomsmen’s suits.
- 4–3 months before
- Send out your invitations.
- Order your wedding cake and any favors.
- Buy your wedding rings and gifts for your wedding party.
- 2–1 months before
- Review details and day-of plan with all your caterers and entertainment.
- Confirm hair and makeup appointment times.
- Finalize your seating chart.
- Make a nail or spa appointment.
Planning a wedding can be overwhelming for even the most organized bride. Lucky for you, help is just a phone call away!
Contact the wedding professionals at Crest Hollow Country Club who can help you find the perfect venue for your wedding and help you every step of the way.