Top Weddings Trends of 2017 (Part 1)
Love is forever, but wedding trends come and go—and 2017 is no exception. This year, we say goodbye to all-white weddings and hello to color, ciao to juxtaposition and adios to cohesion. The wedding experts at Long Island’s Crest Hollow Country Club reveal the top wedding trends of 2017—and how to incorporate them—so your wedding ceremony and reception are as trendy as you.
- Elevate your entrance. Consider something really over-the-top, such as lighting fire pits or hiring exotic entertainers like jugglers or fire breathers. These elaborate elements are sure to have your guests oohing and aahing.
- Themes with a twist. It’s all about mixing vintage elements with modern ones. If rustic is your style, consider a chic (dressed-down) ballroom rather than the expected barn or outdoor setting. Prefer sparkles to succulents? Create a unique contrast by incorporating glamorous décor in an outdoor venue. The juxtaposition of old with new is what makes this trend so special.
- Couple your cocktails with cuisines. Wine and cheese have been a stable couple for years, but in 2017, it’s time to branch out. If you’re doing a fun and festive Mexican food menu, serve specialty margaritas with guacamole. For an Italian-inspired menu, pair white wines with lemon-based pasta dishes and red wines with tomato-based ones. Doing a brunch wedding? Serve refreshing mimosas and Blood Marys with brunch-inspired pastries such as crepes or danishes.
- Flavors as favors. Edible favors are the newest fad. Give your guests a taste of your neighborhood with a mini bottle of wine from a local vineyard. Are you and your partner health nuts? Surprise your guests with fruit and nut mix. Love sweets? Spring for sugar cutout cookies in fun shapes or macarons in your wedding colors.
- Tech is trending more than ever. Instead of a typical photo booth, switch things up with a flip-book, GIF or slo-mo booth. Drones are becoming more popular for a reason: They capture pictures from angles and heights previously unattainable for your average wedding album.
Looking for more ways to incorporate this year’s hottest trends and achieve the wedding of your dreams? Contact the team at the Crest Hollow Country Club.